Future launches new international multi-platform craft brand – Simply Crochet!
10/01/13 Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, today unveils a brand new print and digital craft brand called Simply Crochet!
Crochet is a craft in growth, both in the UK and internationally. In fact, ‘How to Crochet’ was the fourth most searched ‘How to’ term on Google in the UK in 2012, according to the Google Zeitgeist survey. And Simply Crochet has been created specifically to deliver to this large and growing audience.
Kerry Lawrence, Group Publisher, says: “The current rise of interest in all things homemade is very well documented. Crochet is currently in growth and we are very excited to be bringing Simply Crochet to market. This new magazine is a great addition to Future’s market-leading craft portfolio which includes established titles such as Simply Knitting and Cross Stitcher as well as newer titles including Mollie Makes”.
Each issue of Simply Crochet is packed full of creative ideas for anyone who loves – or would love to learn – crochet. Inside readers will find beautiful designs for the home, fashionable accessories to wear and gift ideas for all occasions. From lampshade covers to shawls, toys to blankets and gadget cosies to cardigans, Simply Crochet is a must-buy for creative crafters looking for new things to make. With clear, easy-to-follow instructions plus a free covermounted gift every issue, Simply Crochet will have readers hooked on hooking from their very first issue. To see a sampler of Issue One click here.
Simply Crochet will be published 13 times a year and is available in print, on tablet and online. Simply Crochet will be available from Apple Newsstand, Google Play, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Zinio. As with Mollie Makes – which has grown to become the UK’s No.1 contemporary handmade magazine since its launch in May 2011 – Simply Crochet has built a considerable social media audience ahead of launch. The crocheting community is already creating a fantastic buzz about the magazine in the run up to launch and you can see what they’re saying here:
For more information about Simply Crochet please contact Gemma Combellack, Communications Assistant, on 020 7042 4036 or email@example.com.
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- · Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.