14/01/13 Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, today announces the appointment of Matt Risley as Online Editor of www.totalfilm.com.
Matt joins from Sky where he was Web Editor and Producer for Sky Atlantic and Sky 1 Online. Prior to that, Matt served as Features Editor for Sky Movies Online.
Matt says: “I’m hugely excited to work on one of the biggest, boldest and freshest movie websites around, and can’t wait to get started. From a personal point of view, having read the magazine since I was an impressionable film-loving teen, I’m giddy at the possibilities and chomping at the fanboy bit.”
Lee Nutter, Publisher of Total Film, says: “Matt’s breadth of experience makes him the perfect candidate to build on totalfilm.com’s growing success. He inherits a site which continues to go from strength-to-strength and will lead a dedicated team to ensure totalfilm.com is a global player in the world of movies.”
www.totalfilm.com had its most successful month ever in December 2012, with a record 2.49m global unique users, up 107% year-on-year*.
Matt takes up his new role on 21 January.
*Global unique users measured by comScore Digital Analytix
For more information please contact:
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or email@example.com
About Total Film:
Total Film is the modern movie brand, taking an affectionate and irreverent look at Hollywood blockbusters, classic films and more indie fare. Reaching more valuable film fans than ever before, TotalFilm.com, the Total Film app and magazine provide users with all the latest gossip and news from the film world, including first looks at the coolest movies in production now. The Total Film brand offers the world’s most reliable film and DVD reviews together with exclusive interviews with the biggest names and hottest talents working in movies right now.
About Future plc:
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- · Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.