Launched Today – On Sale Every Friday
A New Live-Updating Digital Interactive Magazine for iPad
01/02/13 Football Week is a brand new weekly international iPad magazine available on Apple’s Newsstand. It is an interactive product with the up-to-the-second flexibility of a website, but the design and packaging of a digital edition.
Launched today (1st February) and available every Friday afternoon. Football Week is the ultimate preview to the weekend’s games and provides all of the must-have facts and stats before, during and after the week’s Barclays Premier League fixtures.
Football Week will cover the week’s games in depth, offering editorial previews, team line-ups, head-to-heads and injury news. Match information will update live as games are played, bringing in live text commentary, confirmed team line-ups, dynamic performance stats and tables plus post-match reviews.
Along with providing an armoury of stats perfect for any Barclays Premier League fan, a dedicated editorial team will provide a wealth of player interviews, think pieces and expert editorial about the wider issues of the modern game. Expert ‘datatorial’ pieces will use the Press Association’s market-leading football statistics, whilst leading football writer Jonathan Wilson (The Guardian, Goal, World Soccer) will also be supplying an exclusive column on modern Barclays Premier League tactics.
Gregor MacGregor, Football Week editor, says “Football Week is like nothing currently around. It’s for obsessive football fans out there who are just like us: those who want a deeper understanding of the game, need to have all the match info at their finger-tips and appreciate good editorial and stunning design. It’s the perfect accompaniment to every weekend.”
Subscriptions will be £19.99 / $28.99 / €25.99 annually and £3.99 / $5.99 / €5.49 monthly, both will include five free trial issues. Single downloads will cost £1.99 / $2.99 / €2.69.
EA SPORTS™ are the official gaming partner and have a weekly-dedicated EA SPORTS Zone that will feature tips, tactics and competitions around FIFA 13, the world’s best-selling sports game.
Up-to-the-minute injury news will be provided by PhysioRoom.com the world’s leading resource for football injury data. As well as a regular presence in each addition of Football Week, PhysioRoom.comwill feature heavily on the accompanying Football Week blog (footballweek.net).
For more information please contact Ben Pester, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 042 4035 and 07737 138 384
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
About FutureFolio (www.futurefolio.co.uk):
Built for publishers by publishers, FutureFolio is a flexible digital publishing tool that enables publishers to reproduce or enhance existing print content digitally so that it can be optimised for tablet and smartphone consumption quickly, easily and with the minimum of stress. Future has been in the content creation business for over 25 years and understand the workflow, staffing and budget constraints of publishers. FutureFolio was built to work with all these factors in mind and is the software platform for a range of leading interactive Tablet magazines including MacLife, Total Film, Edge, CyclingNews HD and Photography Week
About Press Association:
The Press Association is the UK’s leading multimedia news agency and digital content supplier.
As well as being the home of the UK’s national newswire – which supplies news to national and regional newspapers, magazines and broadcasters – the Press Association has evolved as a provider of tailored multi-media content solutions for a broad range of businesses, brands and public sector organisations. PA’s products and services span everything from sports data APIs, hosted live blogs, and social media content to media training, page production services and TV listings.
The Press Association is part of PA Group Limited, a private company with 27 shareholders, most of whom are national and regional newspaper publishers. The biggest shareholders are Associated Newspaper Holdings Limited, News International plc, Trinity Mirror plc and United Business Media plc.