Digital Camera Becomes The Market Leading Photography Title
14/02/2013 Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, today announced an increase in circulation across the whole of its photography portfolio, with Digital Camera taking individual market leadership for the first time, and Future becoming officially the leading photography publisher in the UK.
Flagship brand Digital Camera is up year-on-year with a combined print and digital circulation rise of 0.8%, making it the market leader for the first time, breaking a decades-long dominance of titles from Bauer.
Canon-specific mag PhotoPlus saw similar results with a combined increase of 0.3%.
Digital growth of 149% for Digital Camera and 338% for Photo Plus follows major investment by Future in its tablet editions and its own FutureFolio digital magazine software.
N-Photo, Future’s Nikon-specific brand, which launched in December 2011, has published its first combined ABC figure of 25,011, outselling many long-standing titles.
Another debutant is Practical Photoshop, which launched in April 2012. With a combined print and digital figure of 10,600, it becomes the best selling Photoshop title in the market.
As well as the established print titles, in September 2012 Future launched the first exclusively digital photography weekly on Apple’s Newsstand, Photography Week. The title is consistently number one in Apple’s charts of the UK and US photography newsstand sector. Future’s digital edition sales in the photography market are now in excess of 40,000 copies a month.
Matthew Pierce, Group Publisher, Creative, says: “This is a fantastic set of ABC results. With a combined Photography portfolio figure of more than 110,000, Future is the leading publisher of photography titles by an overwhelming margin.
“Although only just 12 months old, N-Photo’s performance is outstanding − a brilliant example of a successful print and digital launch into a very established sector. We’re also delighted that Practical Photoshop becomes the undisputed number one Photoshop brand on its first ever audit.
“Most impressive of all is the performance of Digital Camera, which enjoys yet another combined ABC increase, to take market leadership from Bauer’s Digital Photo and become the best-selling title in a very hotly-contested sector.”
For more information please contact Ben Pester, Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 042 4035 and 07737 138384
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.