The world’s leading cycling publisher, Future’s sport division’s brand reach has grown significantly during the past year.
Cycling Plus, Britain’s best-selling cycling magazine, recorded its 13th consecutive ABC increase, delivering growth of 8.9%, despite new entrants to the sector, taking its circulation over 50,000 for the first time.
Triathlon Plus posted a combined 24.5% increases year-on-year with significant growth in digital.
The offroad titles both delivered positive ABC results to strengthen their dominance as the leading titles in their market. What Mountain Bike is up 10.3% and Mountain Biking UK up 3.4% year-on-year.
|Mountain Biking UK|
|What Mountain Bike|
Future’s Sports websites also had a fantastic year, helping the division reach more than 4.2 million cyclists every month. BikeRadar.com averaged 2.1 million unique users per month in 2012 and delivered an average of 24 million monthly page views.
Cyclingnews.com reached an average of 1.9 million monthly unique users and served an average of 37 million page views per month during the same period.
There has been significant growth in the brand reach during 2012. The social media footprint is up 101% on Twitter to 182,817 followers, and Facebook up 66% to 190,371 fans. The combined Youtube channels have almost 6 million views and 15,000 subscribers.
Richard Schofield Group Publishing Director, Sports, says: “It’s been another storming year for Cycling Plus where we’ve added more readers than any other road cycling magazine and, with our enhanced tablet and digital editions, we now reach over 50,000 cyclists with every issue.”
Dave Clutterbuck, Group Publisher, Sports, says: “This is a fantastic set of ABC results. With a combined offroad portfolio figure of more than 57,000, Future is the leading publisher of mountain biking titles by an overwhelming margin.
“What Mountain Bike’s performance is outstanding − in the depths of a recession, this title has delivered double digit growth with its laser-like focus on buying advice, trusted reviews and product news.
“Equally impressive is the performance of Mountain Biking UK, which enjoys yet another combined ABC increase, to significantly increase its market leadership. The investment made in research and development of this title continues to pay off. Now in its 25th year, it is still the most relevant and engaging mountain biking magazine in the UK.”
For more information please contact Ben Pester, Communications Manager, at email@example.com or 0207 042 4035 and 07737 138384
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.