On sale 20th March, Official Pokémon Magazine is the latest print launch from Future and will tap into the global Pokémon phenomenon. The magazine will be a one-stop shop for everything Pokémon, providing UK fans with the ultimate guide to all the latest Pokémon video game, TV series, film and Pokémon Trading Card Game information. The magazine will also feature activities, puzzles and competitions, and each issue will come with a Pokémon-themed cover mounted gift.
With entertainment content including video games, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, a TV series broadcast on CITV, movies and toys, Pokémon is one of the most popular global children’s entertainment properties in the UK.
Official Pokémon Magazine will have a print frequency of 13 issues per year and will sit within Future’s Entertainment Group which comprises film and video game titles, including Official Nintendo Magazine and its related properties. The magazine will be edited by Editor-in-Chief, Chandra Nair.
Lee Nutter, Group Publisher for Future’s Entertainment Group, says: “It is absolutely fantastic for Future to partner with an international brand as renowned as Pokémon and to be provided with the opportunity to bring the official magazine to the UK market. Pokémon has never been bigger and more relevant than it is today and the magazine will serve as the voice for its UK audience.”
Heather Dalgleish, Director of Publishing at The Pokémon Company International, says: “We’re delighted to be collaborating with leading publisher, Future. Their extensive reach in the market ensures that the Official Pokémon Magazine can be enjoyed by Pokémon fans across the United Kingdom.”
Official Pokémon Magazine goes on sale 20th March priced at £3.99.
For more information please contact: Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7042 4034 and 07940 530424
About Future plc:
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- · Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit Pokemon.co.uk.