Giant’s – Defy Advanced 2
Wins 2013’s Cycling Plus Bike of the Year
01/03/2013 Cycling Plus, the UK’s best selling cycling magazine and leading authority in road cycling, has unveiled the Giant Defy Advanced 2 as its 2013 Bike Of The Year.
The Cycling Plus Bike of the Year, has become the ultimate accolade to bicycle manufacturers worldwide. Now in its fifth year, it is a result of months of testing by cycling experts. With a longlist of originally 40 bikes, the testing team have focused on bikes between £1,500 to £2,000 – the average price range paid for bicycles by Cycling Plus readers.
Broken down to a shortlist of five, the winner, Giant, are the first brand to win the accolade twice – having originally collected the award in 2009 for their TCR Advanced 3. This year’s winner, the Defy Advanced 2, was unanimously chosen by the expert panel of five calling it “A pitch-perfect and intoxicating combination of smoothness, comfort, speed and handling”.
David Ward, Product and Training Manager for Giant UK says, “… Cycling Plus Bike of the Year is the ultimate accolade and we’re thrilled the Defy is getting the praise it deserves.”
Rob Spedding, editor of Cycling Plus, says, “Choosing the 2013 Cycling Plus Bike of the Year was a hard task. Every one of the 40 bikes we put through their paces would make a modern road cyclist happy, but the Giant Defy Advanced 2 has the edge. It’s just so versatile – comfortable enough to spend all day on it; light enough help you fly up hills but as satisfying a bike to fling around corners as you’ll find.”
The top 5, in no particular order…
Focus Cayo Evo 4.0
Storck Scecero G2
Trek Domane 4.3
Giant Defy Advanced 2
Previous winners of Cycling Plus Bike of the Year is…
2012 Focus Izalco Pro 3.0
2011 Storck Scenero
2010 Cannondale Six Carbon 105
2009 Giant TCR Advanced 3
Join the conversation now on twitter for the Cycling Plus 2013 Bike of the Year issue! #CPBOTY
For more information please contact Ben Pester, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 042 4035 and 07737 138 384
- Cannondale Synapse 105
- BMC Roadracer SL01
- Olympia Ego RS
- Sensa Giulia Supremo
- Boardman Elite Air 9.0
- Forme Axe Edge Pro
- Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0 F10
- Giant Defy Advanced 2
- Trek Madone 4.5
- Specialized Tarmac Sport
- Kuota Kharma Evo
- Eddy Merckx EMX-1 Peloton
- Ridley Fenix 1307B
- Bianchi Sempre Pro Veloce
- De Rosa R848
- Wilier Triestina Izoard XP Ultegra
- Norco Tactic 3
- Trek Domane 4.3
- Avanti Quantum 2.0
- Cinelli Saetta
- Boardman SLR 9.0
- Dedacciai Nerissimo Veloce
- Cannondale SuperSix 105
- Cube Agree GTC SL
- Verenti Insight
- Giant TCR Advanced 2
- Scott CR1 Team Carbon
- Vitus Vitesse
- Moda Molto
- Scapin Eys
- Storck Scenero G2
- Merida Ride Carbon 95
- Felt F5
- Ribble R872 Di2
- Felt Z5
- Ghost Race Lector 7000
- Lapierre Sensium 300 CP
- Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Veloce
- Specialized Roubaix Sport
- Focus Cayo Evo
The Expert Panel:
Rob Spedding Cycling Plus Editor
Jeff Jones BikeRadar.com editor
Warren Rossiter Technical Editor, Cycling Plus, BikeRadar
Robin Wilmott Technical Writer, Cycling Plus, ProCycling, BikeRadar.com
George Ramelkamp Bike Workshop Manager – Cycling Plus, BikeRadar
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.