MOTÖRHEAD TO HEADLINE
AND THE TICKETS ARE FREE!
VOTING IS OPEN NOW AT
17th June 2013
IndigO2 at The O2, London
11/03/13 Motörhead, one of the world’s most seminal rock bands, is to headline the Orange Amplification Metal Hammer Golden God Awards 2013, and by simply voting for your favourite bands to win awards at goldengods.metalhammer.co.uk, you are in with a chance of winning a pair of money can’t buy tickets for the evening.
Now in its eleventh year, the Golden Gods has become one of the most exclusive parties in metal. Taking place on Monday 17th June, Motörhead come from playing a string of European festivals in front hundreds of thousand people, to the IndigO2 to play their most intimate show in years.
Motörhead states, “It’s awesome to be headlining our first ever award show. It’s an honour to play some kick ass rock’n’roll at the Golden God Awards.’
The fans have always been at the core of everything with the Golden Gods, and this year in no exception. The awards are reader voted, and every person that votes has a chance to attend the event, which is why a Golden God Gong is so sought after by the bands – they actually mean something.
Alexander Milas, editor of Metal Hammer, says, “Motörhead are nothing less than gods among us – their sound and image are as iconic as they are inimitable, and we’re genuinely honoured to have them at the Golden Gods this year. It’s gonna be loud!”
As if an exclusive set from arguably one of the most important bands in rock music was not enough, Motörhead will be part of a multi-band line-up with other acts to be named imminently. 2013 is already looking set to be the biggest party yet, so voting has never been so important. The shortlist nominations are…
BEST NEW BAND sponsored by Kraken
Thy Art Is Murder
Bleed From Within
Upon A Burning Body
BREAKTHROUGH sponsored by Hobgoblin
While She Sleeps
Motionless In White
Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats
BEST UK BAND sponsored by Roadrunner
Bring Me The Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine
BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND sponsored by Nuclear Blast
Five Finger Death Punch
BEST EVENT sponsored by Alchemy
Ginger (Wildhearts) smashes the music industry
Anthrax get played on Mars
Heavy Metal as a Religion on the UK Census
Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players
Devin Townsend’s Retinal Circus
BEST LIVE ACT sponsored by Redbull Records
DIMEBAG DARREL SHREDDER
Johan and Olavi Amon Amarth
Eric Calderone’s Youtube Sensation
Andy James (Sacred Mother Tongue)
Fredrik Akesson (Opeth)
Paul Waggoner (Between The Buried And Me)
METAL AS F*CK sponsored by World Of War Planes
Pussy Riot stand up to Putin
Burgerkill spearheading the Indonesian Metal Scene
Captain Paul of Sea Shepherd
Nergal Vs. The Church
Jason Newsted’s Return
For more information please contact Ben Pester, Communications Manager at email@example.com or 0207 042 4035 and 07737 138 384
Motörhead are Lemmy Kilmister, Philip Campbell and Mikkey Dee.
Grammy winners and numerous award winners, honored all over the world, have released twenty studio albums. Their most recent release ‘The Wörld Is Ours Vol 2’ – Anyplace Crazy As Anywhere Else’, a live DVD/CD set of magnificent Motörmaterial from The ‘The Wörld Is Yours’ Tour 2011 was released in Sept 2012 on Motörhead Music /UDR with EMI’s Label service.
The band is set to release a brand new studio album due in fall 2013.
About Metal Hammer:
Metal Hammer is the heavy metal bible. Based in the UK, published monthly, and distributed internationally, it is now in its 25th year of publication, and its coverage of the world of metal – from the cutting edge to the extreme – is unparalleled. With 400,000 Facebook followers, 170,000 Twitter followers, and its unprecedented coverage of the global metal scene – from India to Indonesia to South America – it truly is the world’s premiere metal magazine.
About Orange Amplification:
Founded in 1968 by Cliff Cooper, Orange Amps have always been a pioneering force in guitar amplification and built their reputation on delivering high quality without compromise on construction and tone. Known as the best British guitar amplifier manufacturer for both design and build, the company were awarded The Queens Award for Enterprise and International Trade in 2006 and 2009, the highest award that the Queen can confer on a UK company and it is recognised throughout the world.
Tel ; +44 208 905 2828
Fax ; +44 208 905 2868
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over three million products since the launch of Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.