Matt joined Future in 2007 as Staff Writer on Xbox World 360, working his way up to become Games Editor. Matt moved to GamesMaster in October 2011 and was promoted to Deputy Editor in February 2012.
The promotion comes at a key time for the UK’s biggest multi-format magazine with the new consoles expected from both Sony and Microsoft in the coming months. The brand also celebrates it’s 20th anniversary this year. Matt will lead the magazine on a day-to-day basis and will continue to report into GamesMaster Editor-in-Chief, Robin Alway.
Matt says: “I’m delighted to be stepping up into the role of editor in such an exciting year. GamesMaster celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2013 and our milestone coincides with momentous industry events as new consoles begin to emerge on the horizon. I look forward to building on the success that has seen us become the UK’s best-selling multi-format gaming print magazine.”
James Kick, Associate Publisher of GamesMaster, says: “Matt’s dedication to the cause makes him one of the stars of our editorial floor. It’s great to be able to promote him as it highlights the talent-pool we have here. We’re getting ready for the new-gen and I know the brand is in good hands with Matt and Robin at the helm”.
Matt takes up his role with immediate effect.
For more information please contact: Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7042 4034 and 07940 530424
GamesMaster is the world’s most exciting multi-format games magazine, and is the only magazine to offer comprehensive coverage of the biggest and best games on every machine, every month. In every issue you’ll find the biggest scoops across all the formats, and of course all the latest developments on the next wave of hardware.
About Future plc:
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over three million products since the launch of Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- · Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.