26/03/13 Rightster, the online video distribution and marketing specialist, today announces a global video content distribution deal with international media group and leading digital publisher Future plc to help increase audience reach and revenue streams for their sector leading technology and gaming publications.
More than 50 million visitors every month use Future’s influential websites, which include T3.com, Maclife.com, TechRadar.com and MaximumPC.com. TechRadar is the UK’s number one consumer technology website and has over 17 million global visitors a month. T3, Future’s flagship consumer technology brand, is the UK’s most successful tablet magazine, selling in excess of 18,000 interactive digital editions each month.
Rightster will increase exposure for Future’s video clips from their technology and gaming publications by creating a private syndication portal (PSP) that will distribute and monetise Future’s digital video portfolio to their publisher partners. The clips will include how-to videos, gadget reviews, conferences, and product reviews. These clips will be unbranded to have universal appeal, simplifying the syndication process. Rightster’s media sales team will provide advertising solutions for this content to drive revenue growth.
Over 3,500 syndication partners are currently connected to the Rightster network with global partnerships growing steadily. Rightster is already the exclusive digital distribution partner for major rights owners and media firms such as the UK’s largest news provider – ITN, sports news specialist – SNTV, renowned UK newspaper – The Guardian, major premium global sports rights owner – MP & Silva and international sports media giant – IMG.
Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO, Rightster, comments: “Rightster is delighted to be working with Future and this deal demonstrates increased traction in the online video space for content syndication deals globally. Rightster’s distribution and marketing services will provide Future with the opportunity to exploit new revenue streams by capitalising on the power and reach of online video.”
Grant Bremner, Head of Future TV, comments: “Intelligent and innovative use of video means we can leverage Future’s unique mix of access, expert opinion, production capability and innovative formats to create quality programming that truly engages our audience. Rightster ensures that this valuable content’s reach is amplified through its global distribution network, maximising the commercial and audience opportunity. Future is delighted to be working with a company who shares our values for innovation and digital growth, with strong technical solutions that will enable us to adapt and support this fast changing world.”
For further information on Rightster’s work, to speak to Charlie Muirhead or one of the senior team, please contact Heather Timmerman at Rightster
+45 31 37 06 77
+44 (0)20 7042 4036
Rightster manages and operates the world’s fastest growing digital distribution, marketing and monetisation network that connects global media rights owners, publishers and marketers, providing the visibility and control required to optimise the commercial value of online video. Rightster provides a “connect once – distribute to many” solution that allows rights holders to extend the reach of their live and pre-recorded video content to audiences globally via all the leading online media destinations, branded portals, social networking sites, connected TV/gaming platforms and specialist blogs. The solution comprises a managed suite of services that can either compliment or provide a low risk alternative to in house investment in digital skills and systems.
Rightster is already the exclusive digital distribution partner for major rights owners and media firms such as the UK’s largest news provider – ITN, sports news specialist – SNTV, renowned UK newspaper – The Guardian, major premium global sports rights owner – MP & Silva and international media giant – IMG.
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over three million products powered by our own app creation software, FutureFolio.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.