- First 10/10 since 2011
- Only 15th perfect rating in the brand’s 20-year history
05/06/13 The world-renowned multiformat videogame authority Edge has awarded Naughty Dog’s The Last Of Us an extremely rare and highly coveted 10/10, only the 15th perfect score in Edge’s 20-year history.
The Last Of Us is developed by Naughty Dog, published by SCEE and made exclusively for PlayStation 3. The previous game to receive the 10/10 accolade was The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword in October 2011, while the only PS3 exclusive to earn the rating previously was 2008 release LittleBigPlanet.
In the latest issue of Edge, which goes on sale tomorrow (6th June), the magazine says of The Last Of Us: “Naughty Dog has delivered the most riveting, emotionally resonant story-driven epic of this console generation.”
Nathan Brown, Edge’s Games Editor, adds: “The Last Of Us is the product of a studio that has always got the best out of PS3, pushing it to its absolute limits. It’s a powerful marriage of mechanics and narrative delivered with Naughty Dog’s trademark cinematic flair. It’s a remarkable achievement, a fitting swan song for PS3, and fully deserving of an Edge 10.”
To read the full Edge review of The Last of Us, click here.
For more information please contact:
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or email@example.com
Multiformat videogame magazine Edge was first published in 1993. Since launch, it has won the MCV award for Best Magazine Team and six Magazine Of The Year awards from InDin and the Games Media Awards. Edge is available from UK newsagents, Apple’s Newsstand, Google Play and Zinio for Android.
About Future plc:
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association. Future was also named Media Company of the Year at the 2013 British Media Awards.