Account Manager – Team Rock
Do you have a passion for music and a drive and determination to succeed in sales? Join this small yet dynamic and fun team based in Paddington working on 3 recognised music magazines in both print and digital. We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in our brands who likes to work hard but balance this with a full social life sometimes attending award ceremonies and festivals to represent the brand.
Media sales is a dynamic and competitive industry sector and the role of Account Manager is a very important role within our company. With an emphasis on maximising revenues and business from companies and organisations within the Rock Music industry and any other relevant industry sector in the short, medium and long-term.
Key role responsibilities
- Maximising and generating revenue from the sector through a consultative, creative and solution driven approach
- Represent Future to the highest standards of professionalism and efficiency to all clients and customers by demonstrating a thorough understanding and strategic viewpoint of the industry sector, magazines and the total media solutions that Future can offer to existing and potential advertisers, organisations and advertising agencies
- Maximise the client base in terms of revenues, yields, volumes and forward bookings/series advertising and appropriate advertising initiatives. Doing this to the targets set and taking a proactive stance to grow and develop commercial opportunities for the magazine that grows market share
- Maintain a strong profile and excellent customer relationships so that Future has the right image in the market by offering an unrivalled level of customer service that will lever greater revenue from clients
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience of media sales in an account management role including selling media solutions, both print and online, on the phone and face-to-face and delivering complete media solutions
- Experience of a commercial sales environment including the ability to reach the targeted effective calls per week and maximise and deliver targeted revenues
- Experience of generating new business streams within an advertising environment
- Ability to generate significant forward bookings and up-sell existing clients
- Team player who is used to working towards team targets
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent relationships building skills at all levels of a business
- Effective communication skills including excellent presentation skills, confident telephone manner and excellent telephone sales skills
- Ability to build a complete knowledge of: market, competitors, publication, sales processes particularly transactional, consultative and creative selling, administration procedures, media information, research and the media industry
You will have a good understanding of media and marketing and have a genuine interest in our brands. You must be prepared to work hard, under pressure and be happy to work in a deadline driven environment. In return, you will work with a small, focused but fun team who work hard and play hard. Looking for someone who is happy to work on bread and butter business with both new and existing clients. You will earn a good basic salary as well as being able to participate in our generous commission scheme.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=QRLFK026203F3VBQB7V68V4S4&nPostingTargetID=5232 →