1. Introduction: This application (“App”) has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Future Publishing Limited (“Future“, “we” or “us“).
Future is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want our apps to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you purchase this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
4. Who we may share your personal information with
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, App analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and App usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Third-Party Ad Serving Services: we or the App Store may use a third-party network advertiser to serve advertisements within the App. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on the category the App falls into. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or services you might be interested in. This App’s advertisers and/or sponsors may themselves set and access their own cookies on your device if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
Third Party Analytics Services: we may use the Google Analytics, Flurry or other analytics services to anonymously collect and analyse which pages of the App are viewed and for how long and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest to you.
7. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Neither Future nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of Future and its group companies.
8. A note for parents concerning privacy: this App and the App Store is for a general audience although age gating may be set by the relevant App Store based upon information we provide when we submit the App to the relevant App Store. We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children through an App Store, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/familysafety and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
10. Questions about this App and the information we hold about you: if you have any general questions about this App or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact the Future New Media Team at Future Publishing Limited, Beauford Court, 30 Monmouth Street, Bath, BA1 2BW, telephone 00 44 1225 442244, email [email protected]. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at [email protected]. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.