Future publishes Annual Report on record-breaking year
Future Plc, the global platform for specialist media, today publishes its Annual Report for FY20 that demonstrates the continued strength of its brands and the success of its strategy.
Just a couple of weeks after Black Friday and Cyber Monday saw brands in newly created verticals such as Women’s Lifestyle deliver a 5,724% year-on-year rise in clicks to affiliates sites in the UK, the report details the story behind an exceptional year for the FTSE 250 company.
- Top line revenues grew 53% to £339.6m (FY19 £221.5m), with Media organic revenue growth of 23%
- The launch of eight new websites
- Online audience grew 56%, with organic audience up 48%
- Development of new proprietary technology to continue the diversification of revenue streams
- A huge ramping up of editorial recruitment
- Significant support for communities across the globe in line with its commitment to inclusion and diversity
Zillah Byng-Thorne, Future’s Chief Executive said:
“Our exceptional results, which are ahead of expectations, demonstrate the continued strength of our offer, as well as the innovation, fortitude and agility of our business, focused on its purpose, delivered by its people.
“I am extremely proud of the way our colleagues have rapidly adapted to address the challenging market resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic over recent months, and want to thank them for their hard work and commitment this year.
“Future has continued to thrive by knowing what our audiences value most, enabling us to take advantage of the changing market landscape to continue to deliver incredible content to our communities in whatever way meets their needs.
“Our content now reaches one in three adults in the UK and US, and our leadership positions are underpinned by a track record of strong, consistent organic growth, and accelerated through acquisitions.
“The long-term fundamentals of growing global digital advertising spend and eCommerce growth add to our confidence that, despite continued market uncertainty, we remain well-positioned to continue our strong growth.”