Welcome to the App Support page for our digital magazines published on Apple Newsstand. We’ve prepared a detailed FAQ where you’ll find answers to many common questions. Click the question that closely matches your query and simply follow the guide. If your specific issue was not answered on this page then please feel free to contact us again on email@example.com
- My entitled subscription issues and/or purchases are not listed with ‘download buttons’
- I’ve just subscribed, where are my magazines
- Free trial subscriptions explained
- Can you help me with my Zinio subscription
- T3 digital subscriptions help
- Where can I get the CD/DVD disc content
- Can you change my print subscription over to a digital one, or vice versa
- Can I use my Apple Newsstand subscription on Google Play/Kindle/Zinio/Nook, or vice versa
- I’m a print subscriber, can I get the digital magazine for free
- Cancel auto renewing or find out how long is remaining on a subscription
- Reading purchased magazines on a different iOS device
- Can I print pages
- Can I read my magazines on a desktop computer
- How to delete the app or magazine issues
- Embedded digital video and audio content have no sound
- Magazine issues disappear from the Newsstand App
- Downloaded issue is stuck in Processing
- Downloaded issue is corrupt, or missing pages
- The App performance is slow or unstable
Other common questions
My entitled subscription issues and/or purchases are not listed with ‘download buttons’
Tap the ‘Restore Purchases‘ option (located under the ‘Help‘ section within the magazine app), and enter your iTunes password at the prompt. This will instruct iTunes to resend your current purchase details and update this status in your magazine app.
If you experience any further problems with restoring your magazine purchases, please email us from the ‘Contact us‘ link in the ‘Help‘ section of your magazine app and we will assist you directly. Please allow the message to attach the log file as this will enable us to inspect the problem.
I’ve just subscribed, where are my magazines
You can download issues from the ‘Buy‘ screen within the magazine app. Download buttons replace the buy buttons on issues you own.
If this is not the case…… go to the ‘Help‘ section, and tap ‘Restore Purchases‘ (on iPhone/iPod Touch, tap ‘More‘ then ’Restore Purchases‘) . Once that’s done, return to the ‘Buy‘ screen, this should now have synced your available issues. All subscriptions begin as soon as you’ve made your purchase. Your subscription will give you the latest published issue on Newsstand, plus all new issues released during your active subscription. Please note, back issues released prior to the start of your subscription are not included, or special one-off magazines.
Free trial subscriptions explained
Where free trials are offered on selected titles, once you have taken a subscription, it provides the same access to issues as a regular Newsstand subscription. Whereby you can download the latest published issue right away, plus any new issues published during this initial trial subscription period. For example, where it says ‘Get 5 free issues‘, this means, the current (latest) issue and then 4 further new issues that will be released over the course of your free trial period. Once your trial period has expired your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel the subscription on your device. Details on how to manage your Newsstand subscriptions can be found here.
Can you help me with my Zinio subscription
We are only able to support our digital publications on Apple Newsstand. Zinio is a third-party digital publishing company who provide their own customer support. Although our magazines are sold through Zinio, we do not have access to any customer or subscription details bought through Zinio. You can contact Zinio support here: www.zinio.com/help/index.jsp
T3 digital subscriptions and technical help
If you’re experiencing a problem with either your subscription or a technical issue relating to your T3 digital magazine you may find an answer on the T3: Tablet Edition FAQ page and T3 Tablet Registration, or you can email for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I get the CD/DVD disc content
Where possible we provide the related CD/DVD disc content supplied with the physical print editions of our magazines. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to provide a comprehensive equivalent download service for this content across all titles. Details on how to access this content will be included in your magazine.
Can I change my print subscription over to a digital one, or vice versa
This is not possible due to the technical complexities of our print and digital products sold through different vendors.
Can I use my Apple Newsstand subscription on Google Play/Kindle/Zinio/Nook, or vice versa
This is not possible. Digital products are sold through and administered by different third-party vendors such as Apple iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. As you can understand, digital vendors will only support the delivery of digital products expressly purchased through them.
I’m a print subscriber, can I get the digital magazine for free
Subscriptions are handled differently across all digital platforms by many different third-party providers. At this time we are not able to offer this type of service, however, it is something we are actively exploring and we will post further information when it is available.
Cancel auto renewing or find out how long is remaining on a subscription
At the time of purchase of any subscription on Apple Newsstand, the user is shown a pop-up during the purchase process that expresses that the subscription is automatically set to auto renew (this message is also reflected on your email receipt). Auto renewal can be turned off at any time by the user. These settings can be found here on your device:
- 1) From the home screen, select ‘Settings‘, then ‘ iTunes & App Store‘ (For pre iOS 6 > ‘Store‘).
- 2) Tap on your ‘Apple ID:‘ on the top of the right-hand panel (you may need to scroll down on iOS 5 and below).
- 3) Select ‘View Apple ID‘
- 4) Scroll down to and select ‘Manage‘, under ‘Subscriptions‘.
Reading purchased magazines on a different iOS device
Like any iTunes purchase, content is linked to the users unique Apple ID. Using the same Apple ID it’s possible to have your purchases on up to 10 different iOS devices. To migrate your magazine purchases or subscriptions to a new device, log into your device using your Apple ID and password, then install your magazine app. To restore your purchases. Load the magazine app and go to the ‘Help‘ section and tap ‘Restore Purchases‘. Once that’s done, return to the ‘Buy‘ screen. This should now have synced your available issues.
Can I print pages
Many of our magazine apps (excludes fully-interactive magazine editions) allow you to print individual pages with an AirPrint printer. Tap on the page you wish to print out. From the overlay menu, press the print icon at the top right of the screen.
Can I read my magazines on a desktop computer
This is not possible. Apple Newsstand is only designed for iOS devices meaning you can read your magazines on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch device only.
How to delete the App or magazine issues
You can delete magazine apps from the main Apple Newsstand bookshelf by tap and holding the icon thumbnail until it begins to shake. To delete an individual magazine issue; from within the magazine app, go to the ‘Library‘ and tap ‘Edit‘. Deleted issues can be re-downloaded at any time without additional charge.
Embedded digital video and audio content have no sound
Check the volume setting is turned on or up. If that doesn’t help, check the ’side switch’ located next to the volume buttons on your device as it’s likely currently set to mute audio.
Magazine issues disappear from the Newsstand App
If you downloaded an issue and it no longer appears to be there, this usually happens because you did an upgrade/restore of your device and the issues were removed by iTunes, or because your device was running low on storage space and removed the issues silently without notification (a built-in iOS feature). You should be able re-download these issues again after running a Restore Purchases.
Downloaded issue is stuck in Processing
This is often the result of running low on storage space preventing the process completing on the device. You may need to free up some storage space before attempting to re-download the issue. A hard reset should interrupt the stuck unzipping process, however in some cases you will need to reinstall the App on your device.
Follow the instructions in the section below to determine how much free storage space you have on your device.
Downloaded issue is corrupt, or missing pages
This maybe be the result of random internet connection problem during the transit of the download data that can happen from time to time. Otherwise it’s because the device is running low on storage and the issue hasn’t been able to extract the files correctly.
- To re-download the issue, delete it first by from the ‘Library‘ area of your app. Tap ‘Edit‘ to delete issues. Return to the ‘Buy‘ section to download the issue.
- If the same problem persists; to check on how much available storage space is available on your device, Tap the ‘Contact us‘ link under the ‘Help‘ section of the app. Attach the log data when requested. The email body will display how much remaining space is left. If this shows anything below 2GB, you must clear some data before reattempting to re-download the issue.
- If the above does not help, please follow the tips below.
Additional downloading tips:
- Close other open apps by performing a hard reset (powering off and on, by holding down the power button).
- Do not leave the app during the download.
- If your device is going to sleep during the download, you can change this setting on your device here: Settings > General > Auto-Lock.
- Try downloading using an alternative internet connection.
The App performance is slow or unstable
In the unlikely event of an application crash you are unable to resolve, we have set out some steps that may help you:
- Kill the app (double tap the Home button on your device to display all running apps, and close it here). Load the magazine app and try using once more. If that doesn’t help…
- Kill other apps running at the same time using the same method to free up system resources
- Uninstall the app, and re-install it from the iTunes Store and restart
- To re-sync your purchases, tap the ‘Restore Purchases’ option under the ‘Help‘ section of your magazine app and enter your iTunes password.
How to enable/disable Push Notifications
To adjust Push Notifications settings; from the Home screen of your device, select ‘Settings‘ > ‘Notifications‘.
Gifting single issues or subscriptions
iTunes does not currently allow in-app purchase gifting. Alternatively you may gift ‘iTunes Gift Cards’, and the recipient may use the voucher to purchase the magazine or subscription.
Support for billing problems
The point of sale process for all Newsstand transactions for individual magazine and subscription purchases is entirely handled by Apple Inc. Because this process is entirely handled by a third-party company it prohibits us facilitating refunds or indeed checking any personal subscription details, and therefore we are unable to directly assist you with these types of enquiries. Please use the links below to obtain the support and help you require directly from Apple. For more direct support from Apple you should visit: www.apple.com/support/itunes/ For further FAQs and details on how to contact iTunes support, please visit: www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/